HappyMac is hiring
Title: Macintosh Systems Engineer
Work Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
HappyMac is located in Knoxville, TN in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, offering hiking, biking, lakes, many state parks, downtown life, shopping, a good climate, one of the lowest costs of living in the USA [Forbes], and is home to the University of Tennessee. We respect the need for a balanced life, do not offshore work, and offer a great pay and benefits package including comprehensive health, matching IRA, family health club membership, paid vacation, paid certification, and flexible work hours. Come join a crew of valued professionals.
HappyMac is a regional leader in providing IT and workflow automation solutions, solving our clients' unique business needs through expert support and custom software. Our success is based on providing outstanding quality and responsive customer service. Our relationship with clients is one of technology partner and advocate, as part of a holistic IT solutions engagement. We are consulting engineers, not sales people.
We provide onsite and remote professional services for small to mid-sized businesses, which include but are not limited to:
- Apple solutions
- Servers and storage
- Phone systems
- Services provisioning and management
- Workflow process automation
- and much more ...
You’re comfortable in the command line and have strong interest in Linux and open source technologies. You’ve taught yourself more than you’ve learned in a classroom and you’ve got a solid understanding of networking and device management. Most importantly you are well-versed in the technologies above, or feel you can become so.
- You enjoy helping people
- You have great verbal and written communication skills
- You think critically and enjoy knowledge sharing
- You excel at untangling problems and analyzing causes
- You can visualize how systems and services integrate
- You work well as a team member
- You are comfortable being a change agent when you find processes you can improve
- You enjoy wearing a lot of different hats and can stare down the abyss of ignorance
- You don’t panic easily and bring your own Zen to the job
What we’re looking for
Key indicators for an engineer at HappyMac include:
- Systems analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Broad and deep technical experience
- Deep knowledge of OS X, and OS X Server and underlying technologies (Postfix, Dovecot, Apache, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, Active Directory)
- UNIX/LINUX system administration experience
- Network design, setup, maintenance abilities (VPN, firewall, NAT, DHCP, RADIUS, router, switch, wireless, packet analysis, wiring, etc)
- Command of principles surrounding device management on iOS and OS X, including relevant toolsets
- Experience with VOIP solutions such as Asterisk, Switchvox
- Experience with virtualization, highly available systems
- Component-level hardware troubleshooting, replacement
- Apple certifications
This is a full-time, direct-hire position based in Knoxville, TN, so third-party applicants will not be considered.
Thanks for considering becoming part of our company.